Application for Vehicle Parking Permit - Available to Doust Way student residents only.
In order to apply for a vehicle parking permit, you must complete the registration and payment process online.
The number of available Permits is limited and will be issued on a first come first served basis.
Your permit can be collected from the Accommodation Office in Sheldrake House, which is normally open between 8.30am and 2pm Monday to Friday: you must show your receipt when collecting.
Refunds will not be given once payment has been made.
In the interests of estate management and safety the following rules govern the parking of vehicles at Doust Way, halls of residence, at Rochester:
- University management is not obliged to provide parking facilities for staff or students. However, limited car parking spaces are available on an allocated first-come, first-served basis with a fee of £25 payable for the duration of the accommodation contract. Parking is for permit holders only and is for use at Doust Way only
- All vehicles must be parked in the marked bays. University safety regulations require that all roads within the halls of residence boundary must be kept clear for unrestricted use by emergency vehicles and parking in such areas is strictly forbidden
- Vehicle parking outside designated areas is strictly forbidden. Designated reserved parking is to be respected.
- Vehicles should be parked neatly within the lines designating each parking bay so that the best use can be made of the limited space available. Vehicles in the car park should be parked with the rear of the vehicle away from the building to avoid fumes being released into windows.
- Parking is entirely at the owner’s risk and University management will not accept any responsibility for inconvenience or damage to vehicles however incurred.
- Vehicles using the car park must have a valid road user’s licence, be insured and (if applicable) have a valid MOT certificate.
- The permit must be displayed at all times in the front windscreen and is valid for the current period of the accommodation contract. Changes of vehicle with registration number should be notified immediately to the Accommodation Office.
- Failure to display your permit may result in a parking fine being issued by Medway City Council, UCA has no jurisdiction to cancel/void parking tickets.
- A speed limit of 5 mph is in force in all areas of the car park
Car park permits remain the property of the University for the Creative Arts.