Available to BA Fine Art students studying at Canterbury Campus.
A trip to Paris
11th March 2024 to 15th March 2024
Deposit due by 6th October - £275
Balance due by 8th December - £250
Total Cost £525
Please ensure you choose and pay for the correct item. Check the campus, course and destination BEFORE making payment.
This item is non refundable.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please see our Terms and Conditions
Deposit is non refundable
Balance part-refundable depending on the period before departure within which written notification of cancellation is received.
More than 70 days- Deposit is non refundable, balance payment refundable
70-29 days - 40% refundable
28-15 days - 20% refundable
14 days or less - no refunds available
BA Fine Art UCA Canterbury trip to Paris - 11th to 15th March 2024.
Travel to and from Paris with Eurostar via London St Pancras.
B&B accommodation at Hostel St Christopher's Paris Gare du Nord.
The price includes a 5 day Paris Visite Card - Zone 1-3 for travelling with the Metro, Visit to Chateau de Versailles, visits to The Centre Pompidou (ahead of its 5 year closure for renovations in late 2024) and to the Louvre.
There will be opportunities to visit further commercial and independent galleries in Paris such as the Palais de Tokyo, Musee d"Orsay, Maison Rodin, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Fondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain, Musee Picasso + others and of course the Tour Eiffel.
Maps will be provided.
Students have the right to cancel their booking without penalty if there is significant increase in cost.
If are travelling on a UK Passport and are you are planning to travel to an EU country (except Ireland), or Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City, you must meet the Schengen area rules.
Your passport must meet 2 requirements. It must be:
- less than 10 years old on the day you travel (check the ‘date of issue’)
- valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to return (check the ‘expiry date’)
For some Schengen countries your passport may need to be less than 10 years old during your whole visit, and the 3 months at the end of your visit may need to be within 10 years of your passport’s issue date.
Check both the issue date and the expiry date in your passport. If you renewed your passport early, extra months may have been added to its expiry date. The extra months may not be valid regarding the stipulation that the Passport is with 10 years of issue.
Please check the Gov.UK site for up to date information - https://www.gov.uk/
- It is your responsibility to arrange a visa if this is necessary. If you are an international student you may need to organise a 'Schengen Visa' for study trips to Europe. If this is the case please contact the Gateway Service on your campus in the first instance for advice about how to apply for the Schengen visa.
- If you are eligible for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) then you will need to apply for one in advance of an overseas trip. Some insurers now insist that you hold an EHIC or GHIC. See https://www.gov.uk/global-health-insurance-card
- A Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) will replace the EHIC card for the majority of UK citizens. Existing EHIC cards will still be valid until their expiry dates.
- You will be required to submit a copy of your passport and visas to the Campus Registry Office at least 14 days in advance of the trip.
- If you have a disability and require any adjustments to your trip, please let your learning support manager know as early as possible (based in the Gateway on campus). If you do not do this, we may not be able to put these adjustments in place.