Available to all undergraduate and postgraduate students in the School of Games and Creative Technology:
Berlin Study Trip
Tuesday 30th January 2024 to Saturday 3rd February 2024 (5 days and 4 nights)
Deposit due by 22nd October - £230
Balance due by 12th January - £230
Total Cost £460
(Note: deposit and balance payment can be made at the same time)
Please ensure you choose and pay for the correct item. Check the campus, course and destination BEFORE making payment.
This item is non-refundable.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please see our Terms and Conditions
Deposit and final payment is non-refundable
The 2024 School of Games and Creative Technology study trip to Berlin, Germany.
Berlin is a vibrant and creative city. During the study trip students will have the opportunity to explore the city, visit a range of galleries and exhibitions, see its interesting and historical landmarks, as well as attend music events. There are 2 additional festivals taking place whilst the study trip is in Berlin, the Transmediale and CTM festivals.
The study trip will be flying to Germany. Travel via London Heathrow and Berlin Brandenburg airports, departing Tuesday 30th January, returning Saturday 3rd February. Flight times TBC. Note: students are required to make their own travel arrangements to and from Heathrow airport.
4 Nights B&B accommodation at Meininger Hotel Berlin East Side Gallery, near Berlin Ostbahnhof station, which has great access to the city, is near to several venues and points of interest.
The price includes a 5-day ABC Berlin Welcome card for travel around Berlin (includes trains – S Bahn, underground – U Bahn, trams, buses for the duration of the trip).
Itinerary of the trip and maps will be provided nearer the time by the staff team.
Travel insurance is included in the trip, but you may wish to take out personal insurance for personal belongings.
Students have the right to cancel their booking without penalty if there is significant increase in cost.
If are travelling on a UK Passport and are you are planning to travel to an EU country (except Ireland), or Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City, you must meet the Schengen area rules.
Your passport must meet 2 requirements. It must be:
- less than 10 years old on the day you travel (check the ‘date of issue’)
- valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to return (check the ‘expiry date’)
For some Schengen countries your passport may need to be less than 10 years old during your whole visit, and the 3 months at the end of your visit may need to be within 10 years of your passport’s issue date.
Check both the issue date and the expiry date in your passport. If you renewed your passport early, extra months may have been added to its expiry date. The extra months may not be valid regarding the stipulation that the Passport is with 10 years of issue.
Please check the Gov.UK site for up to date information - https://www.gov.uk/
· It is your responsibility to arrange a visa if this is necessary. If you are an international student you may need to organise a 'Schengen Visa' for study trips to Europe. If this is the case please contact the Gateway Service on your campus in the first instance for advice about how to apply for the Schengen visa.
- If you are eligible for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) then you will need to apply for one in advance of an overseas trip. Some insurers now insist that you hold an EHIC or GHIC. See https://www.gov.uk/global-health-insurance-card
- A Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) will replace the EHIC card for the majority of UK citizens. Existing EHIC cards will still be valid until their expiry dates.
- You will be required to submit a copy of your passport and visas to the Campus Registry Office at least 14 days in advance of the trip.
- If you have a disability and require any adjustments to your trip, please let your learning support manager know as early as possible (based in the Gateway on campus). If you do not do this, we may not be able to put these adjustments in place.