2023/24 EPSOM Parking Permit
The University is not obliged to provide parking facilities on campus. However, there is limited parking available under certain circumstances for staff. Student parking is available on campus for blue badge holders and under some circumstances, including where medical conditions necessitate the provision of a permit.
The campus car park is controlled by automatic barriers and access is only granted to permit holders. Permits are stored electronically on UCA Identity Cards, which can be swiped against barrier card readers to gain access.
Annual parking permits are available for a fee of £10. The fee is non-refundable and is fixed at £10, regardless of whether the permit is provided at the beginning of the academic year or any time thereafter up to and including the last day of the academic year.
Parking permits provide the user with access to the car parks, but do not guarantee a parking space with daily access on a first come first served basis. When all spaces are occupied, it is the individual's responsibility to find parking off campus.
Public Car Parks
There are also local public car parks within walking distance of the University. See link below for full details.
Please note that Epsom & Ewell Council offer a regular parker card for use at Hook Road car park, which is about ten minutes’ walk from campus. Daily parking fees are reduced to £3.50 per day for those with a regular parker card which are available at
UCA Parking Permits
If you are student or staff member and a Blue Badge holder, please email the [email protected] who will arrange a permit free of charge. Every effort is made to provide sufficient parking for Blue Badge holders, but day to day availability is on a first come first served basis.
Students and staff that wish to appeal regarding ineligibility for a parking permit should email the [email protected]. Each appeal will be judged on its own merits and where circumstances support the appeal a permit will be provided. The Sustainable Travel Group will respond to each appeal within 10 working days.
· Parking is entirely at the owners' risk and University management will not accept any responsibility for inconvenience or damage to vehicles however incurred.
· Vehicles using the car park must have a valid road users licence, be insured and (if applicable) have valid MOT certificate.
· Car parks are for daily commuter parking. Vehicles are not to be left on car parks for more than 72 consecutive hours without written permission from the Estates Department. Abandoned vehicles will be disposed of.
· All vehicles must be parked in the appropriate car park. In the interests of ecology, parking is not allowed on the campus grassed areas or verges.
· University safety regulations require that all roads within the University boundary, must be kept clear for unrestricted access by emergency vehicles and parking in such areas is strictly forbidden.
· Vehicles parking outside designated areas is strictly forbidden. Vehicles must be parked neatly within the lines designating each parking bay, parking on double yellow lines is not permitted.
· A speed limit of 5mph is in force in all areas of the car park.
· Details of permit holders’ cars will be held for use by Epsom Reception and Security in the event of the need to contact the owner.
By requesting a parking permit I acknowledge that University for the Creative Arts is not obliged to provide car parking facilities, but where such facilities are provided I agree to abide by the rules governing the use of such areas and that any infringement of those rules as printed above may lead to the withdrawal of my parking permit.
Details of permit holders’ cars will be held for use by Epsom Reception and Security in the event of the need to contact the owner.
Applying for a Permit
Staff - Select 'Staff New Permit' when applying for a new permit for this year. You can add the details of up to 2 vehicles as part of the registration process.
Select 'Replacement Permit' only if you have already purchased a new permit for the year, but have changed your vehicle since you made the payment.